In today’s time there is huge competition on internet net. Anyone doing business whether its online or not wants to capture most of the market by selling his products and services. In past it was very difficult to make your site known to the interested users. To overcome this issue search engine optimization technique was launched for the interested users. In this the website was optimized in such a way that makes it visible to maximum users as possible and now this method proved out to be the most successful for the business.
Most of the business owners now understand the importance of search engine optimization and they want their website to be listed on 1st page of the search engine when their business relevant keywords are searched. To make it easier many organization or companies are giving search engine optimization services to his clients. Not only this service is limited to SEO but there are two more parts which makes it profitable. Social media marketing and search engine marketing are the users choice now. SEM deals with the advertising of the products and services on major search engine like Google, Yahoo, Bing and so on whereas SMM or SMO is for targeting social networking sites like Facebook, Orkut, Twitter, LinkedIn and etc.
SEO is a technique or set of tools and ideas involved to get a website on the top of search engine. There is no exact method defined in this field because algorithm of search engine gets updated very often and major changes are seen. It totally depends on ones ability to perceive things and give it a try. This job totally depicts hit and trial technique. A deep analysis is needed in this job and one has to make his own implementation technique and follow it.
In present time the giant search engine named Google is the users choice for their website as 75% Users over the world are using it and then other search engines like Yahoo, Bing and etc. which covers a very small market are targeted. Usually search engine optimization is expensive but this dominating search engine Google.com is making it more expensive because of huge competition and thereby people only targeting it and wants to pay anything to see their website on its first page.
To end this topic I would write some points which one need to remember while making a Search Engine Optimization Plan
1) Analyze the site properly, what services and products they are offering.
2) Check what is the target audience and how to reach them.
2) Do a thorough competitor analysis, check what they are offering and what site they are targeting for their services
3) Choose right keywords for the service, which has good traffic. To start I would recommend you to choose medium or low competition keyword as targeting huge competition keyword will be useless and will take more time.
4) Divide Your plan on monthly basis i.e how much work you are going to do every month and that should continue for long.
5) Make a monthly report and check with the previous month report to know if your site is improving or not.
6) At last if the website is not improving then contact an SEO expert or follow Google Webmaster Central Forum for a solution.